Dear Long Island Innovation Park at Hauppauge Occupant,
Thank you again for all your hard work during this pandemic and recovery. As mentioned, we’ve seen many of you re – purpose your plants to supply PPE and help our members navigate acquiring critical stimulus money. We’ve also seen keen collaboration and innovation through these difficult times.
The experts tell us it’s especially important to get the flu vaccine this season because the flu and coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) can cause similar symptoms. Flu vaccination can even reduce symptoms that might be confused with those caused by COVID-19.
So don’t wait- it’s not too late to get vaccinated for the flu. Especially with the double threat of COVID-19 and flu season converging, now is a good time to rally your employees to take advantage of a convenient flu shot opportunity we’re offering HIA-LI members right here in the Innovation Park in partnership with Northwell Direct.
Northwell Direct, a Northwell Health Company, will be coming to the Park with a mobile medical unit to offer flu shots and COVID-19 antibody testing. The safety and health of our community is paramount during these uncertain times, and with this limited–time well-being engagement, employers will have the ability to offer employees their flu shot during working hours.
The mobile medical unit will be stationed at key locations throughout the LI Innovation Park on a first-come-first serve basis starting the week of November 9. Here are a few logistics to secure your spot:
- Complete the request for participation interactive form HERE no later than EOB Monday, October 26th.
- You’ll be contacted by the Northwell Direct representative within 24 hours to discuss eligibility and planning.
- Per person vaccination fee applies. Flu vaccinations will be billed to employers.
- A scheduling link will be provided to accommodate setting appointments to ensure smooth flow.
- The flu shot engagement will adhere to current guidelines for mask-wearing, social distancing and sanitizing.
- COVID-19 antibody testing is also available as per person fee for service.
Partners in Health and Business,
Terri Alessi-Miceli and Danielle Escalante
President & CEO Senior Director, Business Development
HIA-LI Northwell Direct